Veterinary Dentistry for Technicians Weekend Course
September 17th & 18th, 2016
Are you frustrated taking dental radiographs?
Not sure you are doing your procedures correctly to maximize the benefit for the patient?
The Veterinary Dentistry for Technicians Weekend Course will drive your dentistry service to the Standard of Care and provide your patients with the best dental care available. This is a comprehensive lecture and wet lab is the most practical and complete course available for technicians in general veterinary practice. Focus is on gross and radiographic anatomy and physiology of the oral cavity as it relates to periodontal pathology recognition and treatment for technicians, subgingival curettage, closed root planing and doyrobe placement.
Instructor Annie Mills is an LVT with a specialty (VTS) in dentistry. She is President of the Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians, past credentials chair for the Academy and a world renowned speaker and teacher. She is the dental technician and operations manager for board certified veterinary dentist Dr. Brett Beckman. All topics including but not limited to the following will be detailed in this interactive weekend of great fun and exceptional learning.
- Periodontal Disease Recognition and Treatment
- Anesthesia for the Dental Patient
- Pain Management
- Regional Nerve Blocks
- Instrument and Equipment Care
- Instrument Sharpening
- Periodontal Procedures
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Radiographic Positioning Simplified
- Procedural Step by Step from Induction to Recovery
- Practice Management Software Digital Dental Charting Technology Integration
- Effective Client Communication
- Time Wasters and Efficient Patient Management
- Ongoing Interactive Q and A and much much more!
Lecture Begins at 8:30 am
Annie Mills Licensed Veterinary Technician,
Veterinary Technician Specialist (Dentistry)
Phone: Annie @ 941-276-9141